Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Something new

Supposedly I started this blog 2 years ago to track my journey into art. So far that has largely meant just posting my pictures. Is that all there is to my journey? I hope not. So something new. I'm going to post on what I think about art, where it comes from, my fears, etc. I'll also try to talk about some interesting art resources, blogs and stuff that you might want to look at.

Here goes...

Becca gave me a book last year Art & Fear by Bayles and Orland. Somehow Becca seemed to know how much fear rules my life (Her and my therapist. Hey, I'm working on it at least.) It is a wonderful book for all of us who discover that an artist lives somewhere inside. A quote from the last paragraph:

In the end it all comes down to this: you have a choice...between giving your work your best shot and risking that it will not make you happy, or not giving it your best shot -- and thereby guaranteeing that it will not make you happy. It becomes a choice between certainty and uncertainty. And curiously, uncertainty is the comforting choice.

No comments: