Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A couple of small, quick pieces and some links

I'm on the mailing list for the wonderful artist Linda Carmel of Chapel Hill. (The website was designed by dear friend Jackie Helvey of UniqueOrn Enterprises and owner of Carrboro.com.) Her latest email noted that her work is being shown in a brand new online magazine called ArtSync: the Art Magazine of North Carolina. It looks interesting. I'm particularly happy to see a focus on young (read teen) artists. Check it out.

Next. When I am lazy and/or uninspired I will sit on the couch with a cheap little crude paper book and my fancy crayons (oil pastels) and just play. Here are a couple of recent doodles.

A Wee Landscape. This is sort of a study for a larger piece.



The Other King. A version of the holiday card that didn't make the cut.



Folkart Grandma. Done after a visit to Ginger Young Gallery which is dedicated to Southern self-taught art.

No comments: