Sunday, July 18, 2010

Some more pieces based on photos...

First, good news, a friend has bought Dancing Alone and Together which basically didn't change much from what I put in the previous blog post.

Below I've posted two more.  The first is vaguely based on a photo of Robert Mapplethorpe from the Patti Smith memoir.  It is pretty simple at this point and Karen is voting on leaving it that way.  I've played with this photo of the piece in the Gimp (an open source Photoshop) and I'm still on the fence.

Robert.  Ink and acrylics on watercolor paper. 9 x 13


The next one is from a photo on the cover of Art in America.  There are a couple of more realistic versions in previous posts but this one is much more of a departure.  It has already changed some since I photographed it this am and there will likely be more changes.

Untitled.  Oil pastels and acrylics on watercolor paper.  9 x 13

No comments: