Thursday, August 03, 2006

Conundrum

I've found that my thoughts, opinions, and value placed on pieces changes over time. Some I like immediately. Others I'll like then I'll change them and ! what did I do? Others go through periods of ambivalence -- like, intense dislike, neutral, see some value again, repeat and rinse.

This is one of the latter. I first thought it was going to be wonderful, then I lost my way and finally ended up with this. Something less and more than I originally thought. It's like all of my woodworking and furniture making. I hate it at first and it takes me months to come to terms with whether it has value or not. I have not come to terms with this one.

Acrylic on cheap canvas with string.

POSTSCRIPT OCTOBER 11: This is an updated version but I'm still not sure about it.

No comments: